TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - New TT Z32 Owner - Have a few questions
People Seeking Info

Subject New TT Z32 Owner - Have a few questions

Posted by nissubaru on September 21, 2016 at 9:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 524 times.

Message Have actually had the car for a few months now, slowly been working on getting the car back to 100%. I don't really know the full history of the car but I do know ~95% of the mod list and that it had the shortblock replaced and heads rebuilt last year (have receipt) by the previous owner. GT 535R turbos and was supposedly dyno'd at 489whp @ 18psi

However I've had a few problems since I bought the car (can't say I didn't expect that), some I've already sorted out. Mind you I'm no mechanic but I'm okay at wrenching and diagnosing issues.

So far I've done:

New battery
Replaced spark plugs with NGK PFR6B-11B gapped to .031". Previous plugs I pulled were fouled and NGK ZFR6F-11 which is a huge wtf to me
Fixed boost leaks
Replaced rad cap with OEM TT Cap (1.2 bar), previous cap was 0.9 bar, again wtf.
Purchased interior panels (car came ~75% stripped on the interior), wrapping these in black vinyl/fake leather but I'm regretting this unless someone has any tips.

Anyways on to my questions, did as much searching as I could but didn't find my answers

1. Does anyone have a list of screws/bolt/clip part numbers or know of equivalent products I can buy at the hardware store. I have all the interior pieces but only a few of the screws and bolts. Need whatever holds the center console down, the side panels, the dash panel under the steering wheel and on glovebox, center 'T' section and the two pieces behind the seat that connect to the 'T' section.

2. My car came without the radiator shrouds, I'd like to get these installed as I purchased them from the dealer...but it looks like I'll have to drain the coolant and pull the lower rad pipe to get the shrouds on? Is that right? I should add that I have a Godspeed radiator which doesn't seem to have the lip on top to mesh together with the upper shroud, hopefully that wont be a problem but if anyone knows I'd love to hear what you have to say.

3. Replace subframe bushings or just do spacers? One of the bushings is leaking that good stuff

4. What/where the heck does this stuff go? This engine is wild compared to my 2008 Legacy GT (and I thought that was complicated at first).

I'm not even sure how to describe this but it's up by the oil filter behind the front passenger side axle. Looks completely disconnected

Vacuum hose coming out of the driver side fender, AIVs? I checked behind the fender liners and there's a bunch of crap so I'm not 100% sure on this one. There's also an open port behind the drivers side headlight where it looks like a vacuum line might go but I didn't get a pic of that. It's about 6-8" down

And then there's this thing hanging around by the passenger side fog light, not sure what it is.

Also, while I'm at it, what's causing my gas pedal to stick when I come to a stop! I found this pic online but I don't see anything in the way

And a pic of the car for you all!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.